Bottom of the Harbour ♥♥♥

21 The Esplanade, Balmoral - Map
Saturday 27 August 2011

2.83 'Balmoral Brekkie'

Hello Bottom. Ha. Bottom. You're the first northside cafe I've investigated on my brekkie quest. You have a very delicious looking breakfast menu. After much deliberation, I opted for the special - holumi with roasted veggies and two poached eggs on sourdough. D had your mushroom, truffle oil, goats cheese combo. You're a nice spot for people watching at Balmoral beach. And although your knife disappointed me, you made up for it with friendly waitresses. The manager lady was particularly helpful. I hear bad things about your fish and chips (apparently overpriced) and you being too busy on summer days, so I suspect we were quite lucky this morning. Anyway, not a bad first impression of what the northside has to offer. Thank you Bottom.

Coffee: 4
Eggs: 2 I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing, but your eggs were obviously made in glad-wrap sacks and dunked in boiling water. They looked like dumplings. I think it's a bad thing. I'll give you 2 for them.
Toast: 4 Big sourdough slices. 
Knife: 2 Pretty average. No sharpness. No flair either. Just average. 
Ambience: 3 You have a chilled outdoor beach vibe and a cool indoor evening vibe. And yet you are also part fish and chip shop. You have it all Bottom of the Harbour, catering for every need. Very odd, but clever.
Price: 2 You're better than some of your neighbours, but you have expensive sides ($5 for a scraping of avocado? I'd rather BYO a whole avo thank you very much).