Creme Anglaise ♥♥♥♥

101-103 Queen Street, Woollahra - Map
Sunday 6 November 2011

3.5 'Simple Alfresco'

Hello Creme Angliase. I've always liked driving past you. You cleverly lure in all the pretty people, then prop them up at tiered street-facing tables so that saddos like me drive past and think 'oh how lovely that little cafe is, I wish I was there'. Well, today I was. And I have to say I enjoyed it. I liked sitting beneath your umbrellas and trees, in front of your tiny bustling cafe and florist, and looking out on to Queen Street. I remember coming once before and leaving cause I didn't like the look of the menu - I fancied it today though. It's simple and fresh. I had poached eggs with shrooms which were huge and deliciously meaty. The coffee was large, the eggs gooey, I couldn't fault it. Well, except for the knife. Sadly another disappointment...

Coffee: 3.5 
Eggs: 3 I think one egg was slightly over cooked.
Toast: 3.5
Knife: 2.5 Not as bad as yesterdays.
Ambience: 4.5 Alfresco dining at its best.
Price: 4 Pretty reasonable. $9.50 for eggs on toast. Nothing over $15. No big brekkie options though.