Thelma & Louise ♥♥♥

1 Hayes Street, Neutral Bay
Saturday 1 December 2012

3.0 'Colourful harbour-side diner'

Hello Thelma and Louise. You are by far one of the most gorgeous little cafes I've been to in Neutral Bay. Literally on the ferry wharf, your balcony can't get much closer to the yacht speckled harbour. I felt like I was on holidays. Your furnishings and crockery are infectiously colourful. And yet your menu looks like its come straight out of an American diner. Nothing appealed on it at first, but I was very satisfied with my eggs on toast. Your portions are pretty sizeable and your coffee is large and tasty too. We liked you very much. Perfect way to kick off a sunny morning. 

Coffee: 3 Yummo. Huge. 
Eggs: 3.5  Gosh there were so many scrambled eggs. And so creamy. 
Toast: 3 It was a little under-toasted. But there was lots of it. Lots.
Knife: 2 Average. 
Ambience: 4 It's nice to sit by the harbour - I would've liked a seat on the balcony, but I was just as happy surrounded by your colourful furnishings. You've got gnomes and wine and flying cars and spotty mugs and crazy mis-matched chairs. You've also got groovy music. 
Price: 2.5 Not cheap. Eggs on toast $10.50. But portion sizes and location considered, you're not bad. 




No comments:

Post a Comment